Thank you to everyone who participated and donated to the Purina Walk for Guide dogs held on May 28, 2016!
The Morinville Lions, with the assistance of the Athabasca Lions, Busby & District Lions, Legal Lions & Vimy Lions Clubs are proud to bring the Purina Walk for Dog Guides to our region.
The Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides is a national charity. Its mission is to assist Canadians with a medical or physical disability by providing them Dog Guides at no cost.
Dog Guides Canada trains five different types of Dog Guides:
- Canine Vision – for people who are blind or visually impaired
- Hearing Ear – for people who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Special Skills – for people with a medical or physical disability
- Seizure Response – for people who have epilepsy
- Autism Assistance – for children aged 4 – 12 with autism
100% of the funds raised from the more than 200 participating communities across Canada go directly toward raising, training and providing Dog Guides to Canadians at no cost.